1) Our May 1st mtg is rapidly approaching. Since the first Tuesday falls on the first day of the month, it’s easy to forget about, so put it on your calendar and please RSVP to info@AppRochester.com. 6pm – 8:15pm at New Horizons in Henrietta, 50 Methodist Hill.
2) Topics for that May 1st meeting include:
– Professor Tom K. will continue his discussion of porting to Nook/Kindle/etc.
– Todd’s recap of both Rochester Startup Weekend
(WHICH IS THIS WEEKEND! Price dropped to $49 from $99)
– Todd’s recap of NYC BigApps
3.0 Award Ceremony / event with Mayor Bloomberg
– Steve’s discussion of Push Notifications, which he’s enabled on both iOS and Windows Phone
– Show & Tell from members, including helping me redesign an app rejected by Apple
3) For our NEXT meeting, after this, instead of a June event, we will have a WEDNESDAY May 30th event (at New Horizons) with Microsoft’s Evangelist Dani Diaz presenting. I’ve attended his talk in NYC and it should be a good use of your time.
4) For the summer (July and August) we will be relocating to RIT’s Center for Student Innovation, thanks to Professor Tom’s efforts.
5) For Rochester Startup Weekend, visit http://rochester.startupweekend.org/ and let me know if you’re going. I have an app idea I could use a team for.
6) Congrats to our own members, Jennifer Shanley (Zwirlz app) for her nomination as Rochester Technology Woman of the Year and to Ryan Schnaufer for his winning the Young Entrepreneur Academy prize (Quiz Kid app)
7) We have some great sponsorships/gifts coming… stay tuned!